Commercial Driver’s License Lawyer in Pueblo, CO
Commercial drivers spend thousands of hours on the road delivering crops, goods, and the like. For that reason, a commercial driver is held to a higher standard of care whether you are operating a commercial vehicle or not. As a commercial license holder, you must know and comply with federal and state trucking regulations. Because of these exacting standards and legal regulations, commercial drivers accused of traffic violations can easily lose the ability to earn a living through license suspensions and revocations.
At Lucero Law, we understand the severe consequences that commercial drivers face when cited or charged with violations and we take those situations seriously. Our Pueblo attorney for commercial driver’s licenses offers focused and aggressive representation for clients in and around Pueblo as well as the surrounding counties of Huerfano, El Paso, Crowley, Otero, Bent, and Fremont. We appreciate the work that commercial drivers do and will vehemently defend your CDL.
Depending on what traffic violation you are accused of committing, it may result in a mandatory suspension of your license or put you in a position where another ticket for the same offense will result in a suspension. This can happen along with potential jail time, fines, and probation, depending on the circumstances.
That is why you have to fight every ticket. By law, no probationary driver’s license or early reinstatement is permitted for commercial driving privileges; nor are there any driving privileges that can be granted by the Hearings Division.
Mandatory Disqualifying Offenses
If you are convicted of a “disqualifying” offense, you can lose your commercial license for one year in a first offense. In a subsequent offense, you can lose your commercial license permanently. You may be able to reinstate a CDL that has been disqualified for life after a 10-year period. However, you must show that you completed a state-approved rehabilitation program.
Regardless of whether a commercial motor vehicle (CMV) is driven, offenses that are mandated to disqualify you for your commercial license include, but are not limited to:
- Submitting to a chemical test of .08 or greater (.04 or greater for a commercial motor vehicle)
- Refusing to take a chemical test
- Conviction of DWAI/DUI
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- The commission of a felony using a motor vehicle
- Negligently causing the death of another person while driving a commercial vehicle
“Serious offense” traffic violations that occur while driving a commercial motor vehicle include but are not limited to:
- 15 MPH over the speed limit
- Reckless driving
- Improper lane change
- Following too closely
- Driving a commercial vehicle without a CDL
- Any traffic violation committed where a fatality was involved
As a CDL holder, if you are convicted of two of the above offenses over three years, a first offense is a 60-day revocation, and a second offense is a 120-day revocation.
How Lucero Law Can Help
Why you need skilled assistance from our attorney as a commercial driver facing traffic violations and suspension matters:
- You might not be able to appear in court - our lawyer can usually do this for you;
- Your motor vehicle record is the ability to earn a living - we will work to protect it;
- Your employer may have stiff policies regarding traffic tickets - we will do everything possible to prevent you from being fired;
- Your CSA scores are impacted by traffic tickets - we are dedicated to protecting your safety record;
- Your insurance could drop you - that means you can’t drive and lose your ability to earn a living which we will fight to protect.
“Attorney Lucero represented me in court and kept me informed during the process. He was honest and his one time fee was reasonable, compared to other attorneys I spoke to.”- Stewart
“I was a bit overwhelmed with my traffic ticket situation. Ike put me at ease got my tickets dropped and kept me on the road without issue.”- Corey
“I would recommend Ike to anyone requesting a traffic lawyer, and he will be the first person I call if I get into another legal situation.”- Shawn
Why Hire Ike Lucero, Jr.?
High Moral and Ethical Values
Work with Attorney Ike Lucero, Jr. through your entire case
Same Day Appointments Available